Your Key Role in God’s Plan
There are abundant absolutes in the Kingdom of God. Here are three:
- God has an ongoing plan for everything he has made.
- Nothing and no one can stop his plan.
- You have an important role in that plan.
The devil work very hard to cast doubt on the existence of absolutes. If he can cause you to doubt they exist, then he can sow a seed of doubt that God has a plan for your life and the significance of your part in God’s plan. With the door of doubt opened, he will work hard to convince you God does not even exist.
One of the battles you face as a Jesus follower is realizing your key role in God’s overall plan and the importance of you pursuing it. God does nothing without good cause and good purpose, and his goal is to be honored and worshiped. He has spared nothing, including his only Son Jesus, to see this goal met, which means he spared nothing to assure you succeed in fulfilling his plan for you when you decided to become a follower of Jesus. Because your win in life in pursuing his plan, will honor him.
I want to show you a scripture which you may have thought concerned only the apostle Paul, but it also concerns your life. It is a templet, or an outline, for your life.
This letter is from Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, chosen by God to be an apostle and sent out to preach his Good News. Rom 1:1
- This letter is from Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus – When Paul realized the incredible freedom of God’s mercy, grace, and forgiveness, he abandoned the futile plans he had made for his life and gratefully gave up everything to become a servant of God, a follower of Jesus. Ironically, by giving everything up and becoming a servant, he became an adopted child of God the Father. Amazing, but because he gave up everything, he gained an inheritance he could have never worked for or earned.
This grace offer is extended to anyone who will abandon their futile plan and become a follower of Jesus. This is an absolute!
- Chosen by God to be an apostle – He chose you, and when you responded and became a follower of Jesus, you became one of those God sends out. Apostolos (apostle) simply meansone sent out with authority to represent a person of importance, the role of an ambassador. In this case, the person of importance you represent is the highest of authorities, you are sent out by God. And you are sent out…
- to preach his Good News. The word preach means to declare. What you are declaring is God’s Good News, and since God is perfect in every way, his is perfect Good News.
What is that Good News?
The Good News is about his (God’s) Son, Jesus. In his earthly life he was born into King David’s family line, and he was shown to be the Son of God when he was raised from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit. He is Jesus Christ our Lord. Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority as apostles to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name. And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ. (Rom 1:3-7)
You are a representative, an ambassador, sent out by God to share the one hope that is absolute hope. Your role is so very important, I dare say, vital!
As a genuine follower of Jesus, you are the sent-out voice of hope in your role: as a dad or mom, in your workplace, your school, the café you frequent, in your career field, and in the new business you’ve started.
Yes, you are in the plan of God with a very important call, assignment, and equipped by the one whom you represent to successfully fulfill the call. Every genuine lover and follower of Jesus has equally important roles as the goal is for him to be known and the freedom he brings to every open heart.
You are on mission, with specific design for you, a plan which will honor God and, in the process, cause more fulfillment and joy in your life than you ever thought possible.
You are on mission along with every other follower of Jesus in the world today.
You have a key role as a servant, as a follower of Jesus, and that is an absolute.